If you haven’t heard already, Ubisoft will be releasing another Prince of Persia game in MAY of 2010, same time the movie releases. This time, it won’t be continuing the Prince of Persia 2008 as a sequel. Instead it comes back to the Sands of time Trilogy. The game is called Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands.
Haven’t you always wondered why the heck the Prince in POP Warrior’s Within looks so emo. Well there was a 7 years gap between the POP Sands of Time and POP Warrior’s Within. Something bad must have happened to the prince in those 7 years that turned him from a noble prince into a emo warrior. POP The Forgotten Sands takes place during that time to uncover what happens to the prince in those 7 years.
This new addition will be more like a prequel. I am still wondering if they will add a sequel the POP The Two Thrones. As for POP 2008, it is unknown whether it will even be continued or not. Perhaps we might see an end to it with a few more DLC.
[For more info, check out Joystiq]
Mass Effect 2 has a pre-E3 trailer that came out last week. This will give you a heads-up on what to look for in Mass Effect at E3.
Ubisoft has a nice little chart that narrows down their game’s release. titles like Assassin’s Creed 2, Red Steel 2, Rabbids Go Home, and Splinter Cell Conviction are coming in Q3. Although they have broken down all of their upcoming games, they have skipped Beyond Good and Evil 2. In case you don’t know, Beyond Good and Evil 2 will also not be playable at E3. Thanks to Destructoid for the chart.
Activision’s E3 line-up this year is going to be bigger than ever. Proceed below and say WOW!
- DJ Hero
- Guitar Hero 5
- Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2
- Modern Warfare 2
- Tony Hawk: RIDE
- Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
BG&E2 was teased May og last year. Ubisoft seems to have shown us some gameplay footage of the game a couple days ago. There will be more footage at E3.
Yesterday, the newest issue of Nintendo Power broke the news of a Red Steel sequel. Today Ubisoft confirmed the return of Red Steel.
“Red Steel was a unique opportunity for Ubisoft to work in tandem with Nintendo to create a title exclusively for the launch of the Wii console,” said Tony Key, senior vice president of sales and marketing US at Ubisoft. “Red Steel 2 is another milestone for the company as it is the first Ubisoft title with full Wii MotionPlus integration.”
Ubisoft has slated the game for a release in the 2009 holiday season.
Ezio, the main character of AC II, is shown swimming and flying in new screens at an Italian site MondoXbox.
So he can swim, fly, and wield tons of weapons. What did Ubisoft leave out on this one?
If you saw the trailer above, you should know that Assassin’s Creed 2 will take place in Italy. Leonardo Da Vinci seems to have a big role in the game. And this time around, the AC sequel will be flourished with the art of Renaissance. The game will be available sometime around Christmas, which is a sooner date than expected.
Game Informer magazine has saved many gamers from dieing of patience. They didn’t tell us the release date, but they did give us what we all were curious about or atleast I was. Assassins’s Creed 2 details have shown up! It didn’t take Ubisoft long to unveil the deatils after showing the teaser. I got a whole list of facts about AC2 right from Game Informers. I made a list of it, but if you are in a hurry, read mine.
The game takes place in Italy, and you are Ezio Auditore de Firenze (photo above), another ancestor of Desmond Miles. He is a few centuries younger than Altair, and is aided by Leonardo Da Vinci- just like I mentioned in the teaser post. Ezio Auditore de Firenze can now wield a variety of weapons and can actually swim this time. In the game you get to ride Da Vinci’s flying machine, and the game contains segments from night as well as day. Hopefully I saved you some time, but I really recommend reading the stuff below if you aren’t satisfied.
Below, there are words from Game Informers and they contain spoilers. Proceed with caution.
– You’ll have a ton of new weapons to choose from including an axe, a hammer, a mace, a spear, 2 different sword types, a spear axe, and 2 smaller blades
– You CAN swim
– Da Vincis workshop is in the game
– Locations include Saint Marks Basilica, The Grand Canal, The Little Canal, and the Rialto bridge.
– The game opens in 1476, Altair is from 1191
– So you do indeed play as a new ancestor of Altair / Desmond
-You will see the countryside of Tuscany
– The “Auditore” family is mentioned
– The main characters name is Ezio Auditore de Firenze
– He is a nobleman of Florence
– Big characters are in the game including Machiavelli, Caterina Sofrza, and Lorenzo de Medici
– YOU DO INDEED GLIDE on Da Vinci’s flying machine.
– Game will feature a new notoriety system that governs how enemy soldiers and people will treat you.
– You can disarm enemies and use their own weapons against them this time.
– Each weapon has a special move.
– 16 unique mission types.
– No more eaves dropping or pick pocketing missions.
– If you get beat up to much you will need to see a street side doctor to regain full strength.
– Hidden objects (like flags in the first one) are there to uncover but this time if you track them down you will get in-game bonuses that make it worth your time.
– Items include, flags, statues, and gold coins and more that isnt mentioned.
– New enemy types with unique attitudes and weaknesses are present in the game. Archers are mentioned, as well as elite enemies, dagger wielders, “Brutish” armored troops with heavy armor and 2 handed swords and axes, and an intelligent halberd enemy will probe hiding places with their weapons if they think you’re near by.
– While hiding in a hay bail you can assassinate people this time, but it may expose your position.
– You can still climb towers and ride horses
– The Lorendo de Medici assassination attempt is in the game.
– There is now a night and day sequence in the game.
– 240 people are working on this title.