Assassin’s Creed Lineage is a short film made by Ubisoft that you should check out if you have played or are playing Assassin’s Creed 2. It is about the story of Ezio’s father, Giovanni Auditore. It shows Giovanni’s role as an Assassin. Assassin’s Creed 2 briefly goes through what Giovanni had been up to at the beginning of the game, leaving behind a lot of questions like how the Auditore family got involved in the Assassin’s vs. Templars war. This short film will surely answer your questions.
-Quite a few new Assassin’s Creed 2 screenshots have emerged. While they’re certainly beautiful, they also give new perspectives into fresh gameplay. Here’s one demonstrating new weapons:
[See all screenshots]
-A lot of people became worried when Square Enix announced that Final Fantasy XIII would be released on the 360 alongside the PS3 (not to mention the angry PS fans). The problem is that FF XIII is such a high caliber game that it requires a blu-ray disc to fit it all of the game onto 1 disc. Square Enix’s Yoshinori Kitase commented on this saying: “This isn’t the final count yet, but we’re aiming for about three discs.” The team also says they’re trying to compress it as much as they can, while still retaining the quality of the game.
-BIOSHOCK 2 is on the way, but it’s taking some time to complete the game. Expect to see it within the first quarter of 2010, or shown off at the PAX East show next year (in Boston).
-A while back we gave notice to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare: Mobilized for the Nintendo DS. Here’s the official trailer :
Ezio, the main character of AC II, is shown swimming and flying in new screens at an Italian site MondoXbox.
So he can swim, fly, and wield tons of weapons. What did Ubisoft leave out on this one?
If you saw the trailer above, you should know that Assassin’s Creed 2 will take place in Italy. Leonardo Da Vinci seems to have a big role in the game. And this time around, the AC sequel will be flourished with the art of Renaissance. The game will be available sometime around Christmas, which is a sooner date than expected.
Game Informer magazine has saved many gamers from dieing of patience. They didn’t tell us the release date, but they did give us what we all were curious about or atleast I was. Assassins’s Creed 2 details have shown up! It didn’t take Ubisoft long to unveil the deatils after showing the teaser. I got a whole list of facts about AC2 right from Game Informers. I made a list of it, but if you are in a hurry, read mine.
The game takes place in Italy, and you are Ezio Auditore de Firenze (photo above), another ancestor of Desmond Miles. He is a few centuries younger than Altair, and is aided by Leonardo Da Vinci- just like I mentioned in the teaser post. Ezio Auditore de Firenze can now wield a variety of weapons and can actually swim this time. In the game you get to ride Da Vinci’s flying machine, and the game contains segments from night as well as day. Hopefully I saved you some time, but I really recommend reading the stuff below if you aren’t satisfied.
Below, there are words from Game Informers and they contain spoilers. Proceed with caution.
– You’ll have a ton of new weapons to choose from including an axe, a hammer, a mace, a spear, 2 different sword types, a spear axe, and 2 smaller blades
– You CAN swim
– Da Vincis workshop is in the game
– Locations include Saint Marks Basilica, The Grand Canal, The Little Canal, and the Rialto bridge.
– The game opens in 1476, Altair is from 1191
– So you do indeed play as a new ancestor of Altair / Desmond
-You will see the countryside of Tuscany
– The “Auditore” family is mentioned
– The main characters name is Ezio Auditore de Firenze
– He is a nobleman of Florence
– Big characters are in the game including Machiavelli, Caterina Sofrza, and Lorenzo de Medici
– YOU DO INDEED GLIDE on Da Vinci’s flying machine.
– Game will feature a new notoriety system that governs how enemy soldiers and people will treat you.
– You can disarm enemies and use their own weapons against them this time.
– Each weapon has a special move.
– 16 unique mission types.
– No more eaves dropping or pick pocketing missions.
– If you get beat up to much you will need to see a street side doctor to regain full strength.
– Hidden objects (like flags in the first one) are there to uncover but this time if you track them down you will get in-game bonuses that make it worth your time.
– Items include, flags, statues, and gold coins and more that isnt mentioned.
– New enemy types with unique attitudes and weaknesses are present in the game. Archers are mentioned, as well as elite enemies, dagger wielders, “Brutish” armored troops with heavy armor and 2 handed swords and axes, and an intelligent halberd enemy will probe hiding places with their weapons if they think you’re near by.
– While hiding in a hay bail you can assassinate people this time, but it may expose your position.
– You can still climb towers and ride horses
– The Lorendo de Medici assassination attempt is in the game.
– There is now a night and day sequence in the game.
– 240 people are working on this title.
It may be good new enough that Ubisoft is working on Assassin’s Creed 2, but I was not expecting a teaser this soon. They have launched a teaser site ANIMUS. The site contains several links and a short clip. Take a look.
If you were cmopletely clueless like I was when I first watched a movie, I will explain a few things that I figured out by watching this a few more times. The video starts off with showing some random daggers and knives. Then they show an odd human having the short knife inserted in this hand. Perhaps that was the skeletal structure of Altair, but I doubt that. Next, you see a hand pop up. I think that it is the hand of Leonardo Da Vinci because they show his drawing of Vitruvian Man later. Assasins’ Creed 2 is related to Vinci some how. Maybe the game is taking place in the generation of the Renaissance period with a different generation of Altair. Or maybe, the Vitruvian man hints us how the man is just like nature and gives us a clue to what abilities the Protagonist might have. There are many more stupid theories I came up with that you might not want to here. So let’s stop here.