At it’s first special event of the year, Apple revealed it’s latest creation dubbed the “iPad”.
The iPad is a 10 inch computer featuring a slightly upgraded version of the iPhone OS. Here’s the rundown:
– 9.7 inch LED Backlit IPS Display
– Widescreen/Multitouch Display
– 1GHz Apple A4 Processor (yes, it’s made by Apple)
– Headphone Port / Built In Speakers / Docking Port
– Volume Up/Down Buttons
– Accelerometer/Ambient Light Sensor
– All iPhone/iPod Touch apps work on the iPad by “pixel doubling”, apps can be made specifically for the iPad
– 16GB, 32GB, or 64GB flash stoage
– 0.5 in. thin aluminum casing
– 10 hours of surfing the web, listening to music, or watching videos with up to a month of standby time
– No camera, Adobe Flash, or multitasking.
– WiFi Models ship in March (16GB for $499, 32GB for $599, 64GB for $699)
– WiFi & AT&T 3G Models ship in April (16GB for $629, 32GB for $729, 64GB for $629)
– AT&T Unlimited Plan for $29.99 per month, $14.99 for 250MB data. No cellular data (phone)
– 5 accessories will launch with the device: Docking/Keyboard stand, a leather case, a dock, camera connection kit, and power adapter
Apple has also added an “iBooks” app to the app store sponsored by 5 major publishers. The iBookstore will be available on all touch devices. Good luck, Kindle! Each app also features a revamped UI, and the background of the home screen can now be customized.