Remember the secret ending after Kingdom Hearts 2. Well if you don’t, I gotcha’ covered.
At first, when I saw this myself after beating KH2, I was expecting it to be a teaser for Kingdom Hearts 3. Last year we found out that this was actually a teaser for Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep for PSP. Square hasn’t mentioned anything about the game until now. Here are some catching facts about the game you should know.
– This is a prequel to the series. This game takes place ten years prior to KH1.
– Aqua, Ventus, and Terra (the three knights) are each playable main characters. They seem to be aprentices of Master Xeahnorth (villain of KH2), who was the betraying aprentice of Ansem the Wise. Aqua, Ventus, and Terra are also mentioned in Ansem Report 11 in KH2.
– Since each of the three are playable characters, you can probably stretch the game to 15 hours each. “There’s plot for all three people in each world and the bosses are different for each one, so it’s like having three games in one,” director Nomura said. ”
– The game includes Cinderella’s world and also Lilo and Stich’s world.
– Birth by Sleep still has a tentative “winter” release date in Japan. Nomura commented that the exact date won’t be finalized until Final Fantasy XIII’s is. “Since FFXIII is further ahead in development, I imagine it will come first,” he said, “but I think people will get to play this without waiting too much longer.”
The game will be available in some sort of playable format at the 2009 Tokyo Game Show in late September.