Game Informer magazine has saved many gamers from dieing of patience. They didn’t tell us the release date, but they did give us what we all were curious about or atleast I was. Assassins’s Creed 2 details have shown up! It didn’t take Ubisoft long to unveil the deatils after showing the teaser. I got a whole list of facts about AC2 right from Game Informers. I made a list of it, but if you are in a hurry, read mine.
The game takes place in Italy, and you are Ezio Auditore de Firenze (photo above), another ancestor of Desmond Miles. He is a few centuries younger than Altair, and is aided by Leonardo Da Vinci- just like I mentioned in the teaser post. Ezio Auditore de Firenze can now wield a variety of weapons and can actually swim this time. In the game you get to ride Da Vinci’s flying machine, and the game contains segments from night as well as day. Hopefully I saved you some time, but I really recommend reading the stuff below if you aren’t satisfied.
Below, there are words from Game Informers and they contain spoilers. Proceed with caution.
– You’ll have a ton of new weapons to choose from including an axe, a hammer, a mace, a spear, 2 different sword types, a spear axe, and 2 smaller blades
– You CAN swim
– Da Vincis workshop is in the game
– Locations include Saint Marks Basilica, The Grand Canal, The Little Canal, and the Rialto bridge.
– The game opens in 1476, Altair is from 1191
– So you do indeed play as a new ancestor of Altair / Desmond
-You will see the countryside of Tuscany
– The “Auditore” family is mentioned
– The main characters name is Ezio Auditore de Firenze
– He is a nobleman of Florence
– Big characters are in the game including Machiavelli, Caterina Sofrza, and Lorenzo de Medici
– YOU DO INDEED GLIDE on Da Vinci’s flying machine.
– Game will feature a new notoriety system that governs how enemy soldiers and people will treat you.
– You can disarm enemies and use their own weapons against them this time.
– Each weapon has a special move.
– 16 unique mission types.
– No more eaves dropping or pick pocketing missions.
– If you get beat up to much you will need to see a street side doctor to regain full strength.
– Hidden objects (like flags in the first one) are there to uncover but this time if you track them down you will get in-game bonuses that make it worth your time.
– Items include, flags, statues, and gold coins and more that isnt mentioned.
– New enemy types with unique attitudes and weaknesses are present in the game. Archers are mentioned, as well as elite enemies, dagger wielders, “Brutish” armored troops with heavy armor and 2 handed swords and axes, and an intelligent halberd enemy will probe hiding places with their weapons if they think you’re near by.
– While hiding in a hay bail you can assassinate people this time, but it may expose your position.
– You can still climb towers and ride horses
– The Lorendo de Medici assassination attempt is in the game.
– There is now a night and day sequence in the game.
– 240 people are working on this title.